Friday, October 26, 2012

POP It Like It's Hot!

Hello again friends! 

Today's super fun baking project was... drum roll please...

Caramel Apple Pie Pops! 




Ok, I realize I may be way too excited about these mini pies with sticks in them, but seriously, look how delicious this one looks! 

I did cheat again today by using already made pie crusts and I bought caramel dip. 


So, all I used for this was 2 Fuji Apples and 2 Granny Smith Apples. 
I used a sprinkle of Cinnamon, less than 1/3 Sugar and a pinch of Corn Starch, and 2 tsp brown sugar. And, of course, the Caramel Dip! 


Right!? I know what you're thinking. 


Now this is not you're momma's typical apple pie. 
Ok, ok, they may be exactly like your mom's apple pie, I have no idea. 
I just really wanted to use the phrase. I've never had a chance to before. 

The only truly sad thing about this pop is there is no butter! 
I know, shame! 
All I could think was, "why do I need butter when there is caramel dip?" 
After the feedback tonight from my friends I'll ask if they need butter.



I'm really excited for making more of these. 
Emma already asked how to make them for her coworkers. 
So, I'm excited for these to maybe be requested by others friends.
HINT, HINT. WINK, WINK.




No comments:

Post a Comment